Are you in need of an orthodontic treatment for malocclusions? Malocclusions, also known as bad bites, occur when teeth are in the wrong position or are misaligned. Fortunately, orthodontic alignment systems can be used to help treat a wide variety of malocclusions, including the following:
– Misplaced midlines occur when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, occur when your lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, occur when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Deep bites, also known as closed bites, are severe forms of overbites that occur when your lower incisors dig into the area behind your upper incisors.
– Open bites occur when there is a disconnect between your upper and lower incisors when biting down.
– Crossbites occur when your lower jawbone protrudes out farther than your upper jawbone.
– Spacing issues are malocclusions that feature overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions are caused when teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong spots.
– Rotation malocclusions occur when teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
If you would like to know if your mouth is in need of an orthodontic procedure, please book an oral exam with Dr. [doctor_name] at our office in [city], [state], by calling us at [phone]. Our team at [practice_name] looks forward to bringing your smile back to its fullest.